Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is a large and diverse nonprofit. A career at Goodwill blends service with professional advancement - whether you aim to join retail, donor services, business services or professional administration, you’ll work with a team of dedicated individuals serving a common purpose: to get people with disabilities and other barriers employment to create “lives that work”.
Merchandising Assistant Manager — Supervises and handles all the merchandise for the Boutique. Works side by side with the store mgr to maintain a safe workplace, supervise employees and run a smooth day to day operation.
- Assist in generating revenue and controlling expense budget for the store and staying within defined guidelines. This would include ensuring that we have the appropriate number of associates are scheduled to handle business for the day.
- Supervise the receipt of inventory, stock rotations, color rotations, scheduled markdowns, and transfer of stock in accordance with the Organization’s procedures within your assigned areas (All Textile, Household, toppers and shoes)
- Ensures color rotation program is followed and maintained, and assists with textile color rotation per procedures in your assigned areas.
- Promote merchandise sales and assist in creating in store displays on toppers within your assigned areas. Ensure toppers are full, neat and clean at all times.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are kept neat, clean and are signed appropriately.
- Ensure all goods are moved to the floor in a timely manner with the appropriate pricing structure.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as needed.
- Responsible for training and developing associates to ensure that we are offering exceptional customer service and that all Goodwill policies and procedures are being followed.
- Handle employee and customer inquiries in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
- Follow procedures for dealing with potential disturbances and problems such as calming loud or boisterous customers, handling customers who are acting in a disorderly fashion or dealing with lost children.
- Supervise assigned employees; assist in preparing work schedules and arrange for replacement of absent employees.
- Responsible for staff compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and procedures for Public Protection.
- Responsible for instilling proper attitude toward safety and security in employees and trainees, protecting the safety of customers, and ensuring that all store operations are performed in accordance with the Organization’s safety and security programs.
- Maintain well-groomed appearance and appropriate business dress code including name badge.
- Ensure that store receipts are handled as prescribed by the Organization’s procedures and good security practices.
- Respond to alarm calls as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
Work Hours: Applicants must be flexible to work various shifts during the hours of 8:30 am to 10 pm Mon-Sat and 9:30 am to 8:30 pm on Sundays.
Experience and Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred. A minimum of six months stable retail experience preferred but not necessary. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Our generous compensation package also includes a 20% store discount, 403(b) retirement plan election, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Veteran/Disability).
Thank you for your interest in employment at Goodwill Industries of Central Florida.
We look forward to reviewing your credentials. We will contact those that best meet the qualifications listed above.
Goodwill is a drug-free workplace, we also screen background.