Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is a large and diverse nonprofit. A career at Goodwill blends service with professional advancement - whether you aim to join retail, donor services, business services or professional administration, you’ll work with a team of dedicated individuals serving a common purpose: to get people with disabilities and other barriers employment “building lives that work”.
Under the direction of the eCommerce Supervisor, prepare and post products on the shopgoodwill.com website and eBay.
- Meet listing and revenue quotas for items to be listed every day.
- Consistently assign items to proper stores when listing.
- Consistently and accurately track and record rejected items.
- Photograph items in a way that accurately discloses both quality and flaws.
- List all items accurately, comprehensively, and with no typographical or spelling errors.
- Make it easy for buyers to find items by using keywords in the title that a buyer will be likely to type into the search box.
- Accurately weigh and measure items.
- Generate written descriptions of items that will maximize bidding.
- Respond to customer enquiries within one business day or sooner.
- Ensure that items are safely and accurately shelved to minimize breakage, loss and lost items.
- Keep working space clean, neat and in safe condition.
- Clean and test products as needed.
- Identify rare, collectible and/or unique items to either Feature or start at a higher opening bid.
- Make recommendations to increase revenue and/or improve processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the eCommerce Supervisor.
- The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
- Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and/or direction from supervisor.
- Ability to maintain a proper and professional attitude when dealing with customers, clients and co-workers.
- Experience with digital cameras and/or iPads.
- Ability to write creatively and articulately.
- Ability to read and interpret websites and use templates.
- Ability to use Outlook, Word and internet search engines.
Education and/or Experience:
High School education or equivalent is required. Knowledge of one or more of Goodwill’s product sale lines (e.g. housewares, instruments, jewelry, art, electronics, cameras, accessories, collectibles, etc.) is required. Previous retail and online selling experience preferred.
The Starting Hourly Rate for the Shopgoodwill Lister is $10.50 per hour.
Level 1: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of online programs such as Google, Ebay and Amazon and Microsoft Office products, specifically Windows, Word and Outlook.
General experience with doing online research is strongly desired.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
No Purchasing Authority
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- (e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
- Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, type, reach with hands and arms.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Level 2: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Level 3: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- We offer a full benefits package two health plan to choose from(FT), as well as two dental plans, vision and Group life insurance(FT/PT), Employee Assistance Program and much more!!
- Our generous compensation package also includes a 20% store discount, 403(b) retirement plan election, Fitness Reimbursement, holiday pay, vacation.
Applicants must be flexible to work various shifts during the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m Monday-Friday.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Ability to maintain inventory, sales, and records and to perform appropriate bookkeeping methods and procedures.
Knowledge of digital scanners and computers. A minimum of (1) year retail experience is preferred but not required. Prefer working experience with people who have disabilities and/or previous Goodwill experience. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance.